The Aculife patch system is by far the easiest way to use Aculife. The instructions for correct use of Aculife patches are as follows:
The patch system may be used in two different ways.
- Take one of the two patches supplied and connect the wiring loom to the back of the patch using the push-on connector.
- Plug the other end of the wiring loom into the Aculife unit.
- Gently peel the plastic backing from the patch and leave it to one side. Do try and keep the plastic backing dust free as you will want to put the patch back on it once you have completed each treatment.
- Place the patch on the left forearm, about 6 inches above the wrist.
- Turn your Aculife Unit on and set the power level at a setting which is comfortable for you. This is usually at 2 or 3 bars in Detect Mode for most people. In Relieve Mode, this will be at 4 or 5 bars for most people.
- To detect problems in the body, run the blue pointing device over your left hand, taking note of where the strongest sensations are felt. Mark these points with a pen.
- To relieve pain and to treat any conditions that you may be suffering from, refer to the hand maps in the Aculife Hand Acupuncture Booklet and stimulate the indicated points for 5 minutes at a time. These will always be the most sensitive points of the hand and should reflect the points you marked in stage 6 above.
- When finished, place the patch back on the plastic backing.
The second way to use the patch system is to place the patch directly on the area where pain is being felt. (However the patch should never be used on the neck or head). If the pain point is on the left side of the body, the user should stimulate the left hand on the most sensitive points as described in point 7 above. If the pain point is on the right side of the body, the user should stimulate the right hand on the most sensitive points.